This video is provided and hosted from a third-party server. RockPeaks is not responsible for any activities originating with such third-party server. If you believe this linked content infringes your intellectual property rights, please click the flag icon above and follow the instructions.
Live at Rock in Rio festival, Rio de Janeiro (RJ), Brazil. From the Love at First Sting World Tour.
01. Coming Home
03. Bad Boys Running Wild
04. Make It Real
05. Big City Nights
06. Coast To Coast
08. Still Loving You*
09. Rock You Like a Hurricane
10. Can't Live Without You
11. Herman Rarebell Drum Solo
13. The Zoo
14. Can't Get Enough
Klaus Meine (vocals)
Matthias Jabs (guitar)
Francis Buchholz (bass)
Rudolf Schenker (guitar)
Herman Rarebell (drums)
5 days 12 hours ago
|"Still Loving You"|
|Single by Scorpions|
|from the album Love at First Sting|
CD single (1992 remix)
|Length||4:48 (single version)|
6:33 (album version)
6:12 (1992 Remix)
|Label||Universal Music Group|
|Writer(s)||Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker|
|Scorpions singles chronology|
"Still Loving You" is a power ballad by Scorpions from their 1984 album Love at First Sting. It was the second single of the album, reaching #64 on Billboard Hot 100. In France, the single sold 1.7 million copies. The music video was released in July 1984, and was filmed in Dallas, Texas at Reunion Arena.
In an interview with Songfacts, Rudolf Schenker explained "It's a story about a love affair, where they recognized it may be over, but let's try again."
The song is also considered a thinly veiled metaphor for a still divided Eastern & Western Germany. "Your pride has built a wall so strong that I can't get through, is there really no chance to start once again?" and "Yes I've hurt your pride and I know, what you've been through, you should give me a chance, this can't be the end, I'm still loving you" were clear references to the Berlin Wall and the despair many Germans felt about their divided homeland.
A remixed version of the studio album version was included on the album Still Loving You in 1992. The remixed version was also released as a single in Germany and some other European countries. The band has also re-recorded the song twice, with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra in 2000 for the album Moment of Glory and an acoustic re-working for the album Acoustica in 2001.
Matthias Jabs' guitar soloing is prominent throughout, but the main solo played in the outro is by Rudolf Schenker.
Original Version (1984)
- "Still Loving You" (Single Version) - 4:48
- "Holiday" - 6:31
- "Still Loving You" (Remix - Album Version) – 6:12
- "Still Loving You" (Remix - Radio Version) – 3:58
- "Media Overkill" – 3:34
- The song appears on the Scorpions' 1985 live double-album World Wide Live.
- A remixed version of the studio album version was included on the album Still Loving You in 1992. The remixed version was also released as a single in Germany and some other European countries.
- The song was later recorded on Scorpions' 2001 album Acoustica.
- It was covered by Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica on their EP Successor.
- Finnish pop/jazz/folk band Korpi Ensemble covered the song on their album Trails in 2007.
- Swedish group Tyskarna från Lund released a cover of the song on their album Metamorphobia in 2003.
- The Alex Skolnick Trio recorded a bebop version of the song on their 2002 album Goodbye to Romance: Standards for a New Generation.
- A Brazilian version was recorded by Cleiton e Camargo entitled "Meu Anjo Azul".
- It was covered by Steve Whiteman of Kix and George Lynch of Dokken and appears on Lynch's 2008 album Scorpion Tales.
- A version of the song was recorded for Scorpions' 2011 album Comeblack featuring Amandine Bourgeois.
- A Romanian version was recorded by Mihaela Valentina Runceanu in 1989 entitled "Eu Nu Te-am Uitat".
- ^ "Scorpions - "Still loving you"". mvdbase.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- ^ ""Still Loving You"". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- ^ "French single certifications – Scorpions – Still Loving You" (in French). InfoDisc. Select SCORPIONS and click OK
- ^ "Les Singles de Platine :" (in French). Infodisc.fr. Retrieved November 22, 2012.
- ^ Prato, Greg (2008-03-18). "Scorpion Tales - George Lynch : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- ^ "Mihaela Runceanu - Pentru Voi, Muguri Noi at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Lyrics at Scorpions' official website
- "Still Loving You" music video on YouTube