This video is provided and hosted from a third-party server. RockPeaks is not responsible for any activities originating with such third-party server. If you believe this linked content infringes your intellectual property rights, please click the flag icon above and follow the instructions.
6 days 17 hours ago
|Single by Nirvana|
|from the album From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah|
|Format||Promo CD single|
|Recorded||December 28, 1991 in Del Mar, CA|
|Writer(s)||Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic|
|Nirvana singles chronology|
"Aneurysm" is a song by the American grunge band Nirvana.
- "Aneurysm" was first recorded in the studio on January 1, 1991, by Craig Montgomery at the Music Source in Seattle, Washington. This version was first released as a B-side on the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" single later in the year. It was re-released on the 1992 tour EP Hormoaning which was only released in Australia and Japan. This version of Aneurysm was also released on the rarities box set, With the Lights Out in 2004. It was again released on the 20th anniversary "Deluxe" reissue of the Nevermind album in 2011.
- A second studio version was recorded on November 9, 1991 for the BBC radio program, Mark Goodier's Evening Session. It appears on the band's 1992 rarities compilation album, Incesticide, and features a faster tempo, and a wider stereo effect.
- An edit of two live versions, from November 25, 1991 at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and January 23, 1993 at the Hollywood Rock festival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, appears on the home video, Live! Tonight! Sold Out!! released in 1994 on VHS and on DVD in 2006.
- A live version, from December 28, 1991 at Del Mar Fairgrounds in California, U.S.A., appears on the 1996 live compilation, From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah. It was released as the album's first promotional single, reaching number 11 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks and number 13 on the Modern Rock Tracks chart. The footage from the Live! Tonight! Sold Out!! video was used as a promotional video for the album.
- A live version, recorded on August 30, 1992 at the Reading Festival in Reading, England, appears on the album and DVD, Live at Reading released in 2009.
- A live version, recorded on October 31, 1991 at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle, Washington, appears on the DVD and Blu-ray release Live at the Paramount, released in 2011. The show is also included on CD4 and the DVD that comes with the "Super Deluxe" version of the Nevermind album reissue, released in 2011.
According to the 2001 Kurt Cobain biography, Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross, Cobain wrote the lyrics to "Aneurysm" about his ex-girlfriend, musician Tobi Vail.
- Kurt Cobain: guitar, vocals
- Krist Novoselic: bass
- Dave Grohl: drums
- ^ Nirvana: Incesticide CD, Gefffen, 1992
- ^ Pennanen, Timo (2003). Sisältää hitin: levyt ja esittäjät Suomen musiikkilistoilla vuodesta 1972. Otava Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 951-1-21053-X.
- Azerrad, Michael. Come as You Are: The Story of Nirvana, Doubleday, New York: 1993, ISBN 0-86369-746-1
- ^ :"Aneurysm" charted on the Canadian RPM Singles Chart which was then the official chart and was based on both sales and airplay.
- ^ :"Aneurysm" charted on the Finland combined sales and airplay chart in 1996. This chart had become the official Finland Singles Chart in 1994.
|Nirvana - Aneurysm (Live at Reading 1992), NirvanaVEVO on YouTube|