This video is provided and hosted from a third-party server. RockPeaks is not responsible for any activities originating with such third-party server. If you believe this linked content infringes your intellectual property rights, please click the flag icon above and follow the instructions.
12 hours 57 min ago
|"Boys Do Fall In Love"|
|Single by Robin Gibb|
|from the album Secret Agent|
|Genre||New Wave, synthpop|
|Writer(s)||Robin Gibb, Maurice Gibb|
|Producer||Robin Gibb, Maurice Gibb|
|Robin Gibb singles chronology|
"Boys Do Fall in Love" is a 1984 single by British singer-songwriter Robin Gibb. The song is the first track on his 1984 third solo album Secret Agent, and is the album's lead single. The song's B-side was "Diamonds", and it was released on Polydor Records in the UK and Mirage Records in the US. The song was written by Robin and Maurice Gibb.
"Boys Do Fall in Love" was released as a single in many countries including the UK, Canada, Italy, Germany and Spain; in these countries, the single was titled as "Boys (Do Fall in Love)". The song's extended version was released in France. It reached the Top 40 in several countries, including the United States where it peaked at #37. In the UK, the song only managed to chart at #70, but was more successful in South Africa and Italy, peaking at #7 and #10, respectively. It also reached #8 on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart on 21 July 1984. Mirage pushed the song's promo version, run by Gibb's old friend Jerry L. Greenberg from Atlantic Records.
In September 1984, "Boys Do Fall in Love" was certified gold along with Duran Duran's "The Reflex", Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do with It" and Laid Back's "Sunshine Reggae".
- Filipino rock band Parokya ni Edgar covered the song in 2007 from their album Solid, retitled "Boys Do Falling Love".
- Eurobeat artist Lou Master covered the song in 2013 on the album Super Eurobeat 222.
- ^ Discogs.com. "Robin Gibb - Secret Agent".
- ^ a b Joseph Brennan. "Gibb Songs: 1984".
- ^ Discogs.com. "Robin Gibb - Boys Do Fall in Love / Diamonds".
- ^ Discogs.com. "Robin Gibb - Boys Do Fall in Love (France release)".
- ^ a b "Billboard: Dance/Disco Top 80 (21 July 1984)". Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- ^ "Billboard 1984". Text "accessdate-11 February 2013" ignored (help)
- Full lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics